calinoh

Dora the explora

books are windows to another dimension,

SPOILER ALERT!
The Iron Daughter - Julie Kagawa

Unlike the first book, this book had a magical grip on me throughout the chapters. At first, i halfheartedly started reading it because I had already completed the first book (which wasn't that good in all honesty). However, this book was awesome beyond my original expectations!

One part that I liked alot about the book was how the bond between Meghan and her father got depicted. It had a chilling effect on me because the author managed to write it such that i felt the feelings itself which were written for the characters. I believe it was quite a plot twist for the father to actually appear like that as well, because I would have never thought he was kidnapped for his musical talent, and instead thought he had a rank in the faery world as well. BUT, shouldn't he be rescued or something?! Hoping book three would settle that issue (send him to Institute for Mental Health or something)

An improvement in comparison with the previous book was that the fight scenes were better written for us to visualize the actions and the battlefield itself. It was better thought out as well unlike the first book, where the iron king simply died from a jab by some wood with magical effects on iron.

I also liked how Virus managed to control Ash, though it ended in the only way such an event will ever end, love being the strongest stand ever *sooo cheesy my hair are standing on ends from typing it* But yes that doesn't mean I disagree with how things turned out, as I wouldn't want Ash to actually die.

Romance wise, I liked the author's effort too because both Ash and Puck were depicted as awesome guys that one would fall head over heels for, and showed why Meghan was tore between them though she originally was infatuated with just Ash (I don't understand this serious case of infatuation because all Ash did that made Meg fell in love was looking good and trying to kill her during book 1, though he became a nice guy in book 2) Guess there may be some truth to females preferring bad guys over good guys (poor Puck).

In conclusion, I would really recommend the Iron fey series to everyone out there reading this, as I believe no one, no one should be missing out on this wonderful story. Though my judgement on the first book may have been harsh, I believe the second book will more than make up for the first book, and hey, its MY review so it may be just me hating on the first book as a friend of mine felt that I was too harsh on the first book too. In all fairness to the writer, she's awesome. Very awesome.